If we would like to get to WCAG 2.0 AAA compliance (Note: our goal has always been WCAG AA) here is a list of things we'll need to address:
- Exceptions to contrast levels: stats info boxes and Gabii “This publication has interactive features” publications box, labels in the stats charts, grey text in the headers, citable link boxes, arrows in the filter boxes, “sort by” and “# per page” controls in the Northwestern University Press book page, “Preferences,” “Contents,” and “Copy Citation to Clipboard” headings in the reader, next page and previous page arrows in the reader, the Gabii table of contents in the reader, and “Northwestern University Press” and “Gabii Project Reports” links at the bottom of the book info pages do not provide sufficient contrast.
- Sign language interpretation for video and audio
- Support for extended audio descriptions
- Text alternative to time-based media that includes both transcript and description
- Foreground and background colors cannot be selected by the user
- Text is justified in the e-reader with no option to make it only left justified
- Line spacing is under 1.5 and paragraph spacing is under 1.5 of the line spacing
- “More” links in book info pages don’t make sense out of context.